Home      About Me     Tutorials     What is AlphabetSoup Style?     Contact Me

Thursday, June 30

O is for overweight







Alright so it has nothing to do with being overweight, i just needed ya'lls attention. weight doesn't matter, eating healthy...THAT matters.


Yep...ladies pay attention to my next statement
diet soda can make you gain weight


i'm getting my geek on and explaining myself.
so everyday before i read my email, i look at what yahoo headlines has to say. 
then today i read this line: 
Diet soda may be making you fat
and clicked on it out of curiosity...because my mom had always told me that you might as well have the good stuff instead of diet because it's just as bad.

i didn't believe her.
until now.


go mom huh?

i picked the best parts out for ya'll.
  • "Diet soft drinks may have minimal calories, but they can still have a major impact on your waistline, according to two studies presented at a meeting of the American Diabetes Association in San Diego."
  • "...the aspartame could trigger the appetite but do nothing to satisfy it. That could interfere with your body's ability to tell when you're full—and could lead you to eat more in general"
  • "Your senses tell you there's something sweet that you're tasting, but your brain tells you, 'actually, it's not as much of a reward as I expected,'" Dr. Martin P. Paulus, a professor of psychiatry at the University of California San Diego and one of the authors of the study, told the Huffington Post. So you chase that no-calorie soda with something more caloric, like a salty snack. The sweet taste could also trigger your body to produce insulin, which blocks your ability to burn fat.





you're welcome for giving ya the down-low and letting you all be lazy...if you want to read the real article then click here


    Whats my take? Like everything else in life, I don't think there are shortcuts to anything. meaning, if you want to have a healthier body, cut soda completely. diet or no...it's better for you. 

    OR you can just do what i do...i only drink soda socially. haha it's true. I think that's the best way to do it.   

    In order to truly get what you want (i.e. a healthier lifestyle)...you have to put hard effort in. don't sell yourself short because someone pipes up saying...
    "hey you can still have everything you want without putting in effort." yeah...FALSE

    nothing worth anything...is ever easy

    i'm a firm believer in that and also in eating healthily...for the most part
    I may or may not have had three four donuts at 4am last night. BUT...i'm saying overall you should be healthy, or at least shoot for it. And cutting sodas? that's an easy fix i feel and has a major impact on how you feel. I use to have at least a can or two of soda a day.and now after cutting it, i just feel...better

    alright, now go store that in your gee-whiz file for the day :] 

    3 comments:

    1. I only drink Dr. Pepper when I'm desperate. haha! Other than that- never! :D

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have always thought diet sodas were terrible for you. On top of what you mentioned, the long term effects of artificial sweeteners have yet to be proven. I used to be a total caffeine addict. Like, I would get *terrible* headaches if I didn't drink sodas. I finally cut them completely out of my diet and no longer get the caffeine headaches AND feel better overall!
      -Meagan
      http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yes, like Meagan said, artificial sweeteners have terrible long lasting affects, and are a possible cause of cancer. I don't drink soda very often at all, actually, not even once a month, and when I do I only drink diet...which I have been aware of as being bad for me.

      By the way, I love your writing style! :) It's so personable, witty, and funny. :)

      xo
      Maria Elyse
      First Impressions
      Flying Ships Vintage

      ReplyDelete