Alright so no not necessarily a newton bar...BUT it's better. I made these the other week and they were gone like THAT...*imagine me snapping*
They're actually tarts.They are so dang good and stinkin easy that if you don't make them...then you're grounded.
yes i just did that. so you better!
also...next time I make this I may or may not throw a tea party :] I felt so dainty eating these haha. The recipe calls for all purpose white flour...but I just used wheat and
it tasted AWE-some.
my favorite part about it...you will actually have all the ingredients. I hate those recipes that say: 1/2 tsp of Tusejnkdsfbiaon ...and then your like "whaaaaa???"
Ya, you know the ones. stinkin recipe books...
Anyways here it is lovelies:
1 cup all-purpose flour (I used wheat remember!?)
1 cup quick oats (I used old fashioned, worked just fine!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (make sure it's room temp)
1 cup raspberry jam (I used strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray small glass baking dish (8x8 or 8x11) with non-stick spray
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl and mix. Make sure there are no clumps
- Smoosh the butter its the mixture. I used one of these and it should look like this ------------>
- Sprinkle half of the mixture into the pan and press down to compact
- Drop the jam in small bits all over. Be careful because if you try to spread it, it may tear up the crumb topping off the bottom. p.s. make sure you leave 1/2 inch around the edges so the jam doesn't get onto your glass pan
- Sprinkle on the remaining crumb topping and pat down lightly.
- Bake the jam bars for 35 mins. or until golden brown on top...let cool for 10 min
Now go have a tea party and stuff your faces...I mean daintily nibble