and you know what he told me tonight? he told me to get my bum back to blogging...yeah you like him now huh? yeah, me too :] AND you get to meet him when we get to S in our AlphabetSoup, so hang on to the edge of that seat of yours missy
anyways, i was sick all day today...so Candace and I couldn't have our fashion shoot pow-wow. SO I'm posting about my favorite trend right now...why? because it'll give you more than just your ordinary 2sday tuesday...try a 2000 tuesday...betcha didn't see that one coming did ya?
So here are some tricks to color blocking:
sometimes you win and sometimes you lose on color blocking, right? Not anymore! So the whole idea of getting an A++ in color blocking is to contrast the colors but still mix them.
remember mr.color wheel? Yeah he's going to show ya a thing or two...
1. Matching colors that form a 90 degree angle.(example: violet and blue-green, red-violet and orange, green and orange, etc.)
2. Adjacent Colors.These always look great! And if you're feeling a little color block shy, start out on this. (example: yellow-orange and yellow, blue and blue-green, etc)
3. Colors across from eachother. This is the usual color blocking you see. ladies, please don't go sporting red and green until Christmas time. deal? My favorite contrast colors are violet and yellow...they're a knockout...every time
4. And the "eh close enough combo" you can always get away with substituting a color...like pink with red and still get away with it. Just make sure you get the thumbs up from the roomie, sis, or mom before you head out the door
5. Colors that form a X. violet, blue-green, orange, and yellow. It doesn't have to be a perfect X...just play with it a little on this one
6. Colors that form a T. I love this one...blue,orange, and violet-red
Yeah so did you keep count of how many outfits you now have to wear? 2,000 right? right. And...my work here is done.
AND i just so happen to have a very colorful outfit picture...the picture was taken for my momma because I was overenthusiastic about a Justin Bieber dance party. This is my attempt at the Biebs style...you got in free if you nailed it. Guess who got in free that night? ;]
alright, NOW...since i've been a slacker, just tell me your favorite color combo in your link up and you get your cutesy bloggy linked up without having to get all spiffy.
k can we be friends again now?