winner winner chicken dinner! Luck must have felt bad for exposing me to that poor boy on sunday...because he gave me the most awesome. gift . ever.
on my way home from Michaels...yes, me capable of craftiness? No, not really but hey i've got potential. I'm workin on a lil craft project, ya'll may or may not see it depending on the ending cuteness score. ANYways, i was passing DI (thrift store) and decided to try my luck on finding some treasure.
i pull my car in, o parking spot literally by the door? don't mind if i do. i walk in.
then i see it across the room.
a purse, a CUTE purse, all by itself in the antique section.
but i didn't get my hopes up because of what i call the "mirage effect". You know what i'm talkin about: shoes,shirts, people who look familiar, and purses from a long distance away; and finally -admit it because i know this happens- even that boy you were checking out from the end of the street...yeah close up, definately not what you expected right?
but as i got closer and closer I saw something.
"thats leather, NICE leather."
then i saw a small oval brass label staring up at me:
D & G
Dolce and Gabbana? What? Why are you here? Who in their right mind put you here?!
yes, so luck gave me a "new" -well new in my book- purse that WON'T expose my lil toosh in public. Dolce and Gabbana would never do that to me.
you wanna know the best part? fifteen dollars is all the stood between me and a designer bag.
but. not. anymore.
So gals, thrift your little hearts out - it may not be always worth it, but when it is...gosh darn who doesn't love finding a diamond in the ruff?
- When looking for any type of clothing, quickly scan for colors and patterns you like before diving in. This saves you time because you aren't spendin so much time pushing and pullin an endless number of hangers only to find- nothing.
- When trying on your potentials, if you're not completely in love with it, throw it out. it'll just disappear into your closet at home and you'll never wear it.
- Yes, it looks great- you love the style and color...but if it doesn't flatter you...don't get it. thought this is was an obvious, but some ladies just need to hear it.
- When a color catches your eye but you're questioning the style of it- then think about any accessories you have that could help out. Accessories -belts and necklaces- sometimes make a not-so-cute shirt into a where-the-heck-did-you-get-that!
- i know your in love with it but, MAKE sure you search the thing for holes,missing buttons, and stains. And if you are a procrastinator and you tell yourself, "I could totally fix this." yeah you won't. take it to a seamstress instead pronto...and if you don't think you'll even get that far. dont get it.